1-2 November 2019 - Caregiver workshop:
Emotion Focused Family Therapy in the treatment of eating disorders
Parents and caregivers DO NOT cause eating disorders. In fact – they are the best resource for recovery - they just need some support, some skills and some coaching.
Emotion-Focused Family Therapy (EFFT) is a innovative treatment model that supports parents and carers to have a significant role in their loved one’s recovery by developing skills in the following areas:
1) Recovery support: assisting their loved one – regardless of age – in the interruption of symptoms and maladaptive behaviours (e.g.restricting/bingeing).
2) Emotion support: supporting loved one’s to approach, process and manage stress, emotions and emotional pain reducing the need for symptoms.
3) Relationship repair: healing possible wounds from the child or family’s past in order to help loved ones to let go of the weight of old injuries.
4) Caregiver support: (including professionals): working through and resolving fears and obstacles that may arise through this challenging and novel journey.
* Please note attendance at both days is a requirement
UKCP, AFT, NMC
Qualified Systemic Family Therapist and Registered Mental Health NurseTell us if this listing needs updating
This workshop is suitable for adults who are caring/supporting a loved one with an eating disorder
Attendance at the 2-day workshop costs £160 per person. Places can be booked through eventbrite