I have worked in the NHS for 11years in a variety of inpatient and community settings and in private practice for 2 years. I have a specialist interest in complex weight management and in eating disorders. I have considerable clinical experience in working with children and adolescents as well as adults in both these fields, and I offer expertise in supporting clients with a variety of complex clinical needs including anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa (BN), binge eating disorder (BED), ARFID, neurodiverse diagnoses and physical health complexities.
My practice aims to create a therapeutic environment and is informed by psychological approaches such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Family Based Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy and Emotion Focussed Family Therapy for sustained behaviour change. I offer dietetic consultation as well as a dietetic informed Guided-Self Help approach to treating BED and BN. I am passionate about empowering my clients to implement realistic and sustainable changes that make a lasting difference for long term well-being.
- Specialist Dietitian at the North East London Foundation NHS Trust May 2017 to current
- Specialist Weight Management Dietitian at the Homerton NHS Trust 2015 to 2017
- Acute and Stroke Dietitian at Barts Health NHS Trust 2010 to 2015
- Team mentor on the Eating Disorder Services for Adults Whole Team Training run by Maudsley Learning and commissioned by Health Education England for 2021 and 2022
- Project team member with shared responsibility for the content and delivery of the nutritional element of the Eating Disorder Services for Adults Whole Team Training 2021 and 2022
- Guest lecturer at University College London delivering the nutritional component of the Cognitive Behaviour Therapy for Eating Disorders PG Certs course 2021 and 2022
- D. Norton et al, 2011, Evaluation of activ8: the effectiveness of a joint dietetic and physiotherapy weight management group intervention in children and adolescents, Journal of Nutrition and Dietetics, Volume 24, Issue 3, p297-297
- Graeme O’Connor, 2019, Clinical guidelines for dietitians treating young people with Anorexia Nervosa: family focussed approach – I contributed the chapter on Healthy growth in adolescents and weight maintenance, p58-59.
HCPC registration: DT25686, BDA registered
Please contact via email or the telephone number provided to arrange a 15minute complimentary call to discuss your needs.
First Class Honors Degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from the London Metropolitan University, 2010.
Tell us if this listing needs updating